When you want to Send or Receive money through MoneyGram, choose a bank that has the network of branches, the best experience in remittance payment. With FirstBank’s MoneyGram services, you are assured of receiving your money from Monday through Friday nationwide and from selected locations on weekends.
- Fast: Transfer is completed in minutes
- Reliable: Recipient is assured of getting funds
- Convenient: Money pick-up at any FirstBank branch
- Beneficiary pays no charges
- Direct to account deposit is available for Inbound transfers and Direct to account for Outbound transfers is available in selected corridors.
- Convenience: Money pick-up at any FirstBank branch.
- Provides affordable, convenient, reliable means of transferring money to loved ones around the globe.
- Expected Amount.
Requirements for Receiving Payments
Beneficiaries can receive transferred money at any of our outlets by providing the following:
- Transfer Reference Number
- Expected Amount
- Acceptable means of identification (see Required Documents)
- Sender’s name and country (city to be included for transfers coming from the US)
- Test Question and Answer (optional)
- Fully completed form
Requirements for Sending Payments
- Sender’s name, Phone number, address
- The receiver’s name and country
- Amount in Naira
- Acceptable means of identification (see required documents)
- Test Question and Answer, where applicable
- A maximum send limit of 1,000USD Naira equivalent per customer per quarter, as stipulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Who Can Apply?
This service is available to anyone who is 18 yrs and above.
- International Passport
- Driver’s License
- Permanent Voters card
- National Identity Card.
- Who do I contact for complaints?
- You can contact our Money Transfer Department via mail on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call 019057125, 019057144, 019057122, 019057142 .
- Why did the operator say my reference number is invalid?
- Contact your Sender to investigate with MoneyGram International.
- Why is the rate of conversion for transactions different from the CBN/parallel market rate?
- FirstBank does not determine the rate of conversion for the transactions. The rates are automated on the software and are not customized for manipulation by the Bank.
- Can I collect my transfers on weekends?
- FirstBank has over 60 dedicated centers spread across the country that offer Money Transfer services everyday including weekends and public holidays from the hours of 10am – 3pm.
- What do I do if my MoneyGram transfer has been locked to a FirstBank location?
- Contact your Sender to effect its release with the MoneyGram Agent partner from the sending country.
- Why did the operator keep a copy of my form after refusing payment?
- The operator keeps the original copy of the form as a proof that the customer visited the location and the transfer was not paid based on the reason(s) annotated on the form.
- Can I send funds as a company or to a company?
- You cannot send funds as a company or to a company. The CBN policy states that the outbound service is strictly on “a person to person basis”. No business transactions are allowed.